PolishWeener's Artwork

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
PolishWeener
Cool
Cool

Motto : Character limit

PostSubject: PolishWeener's Artwork   Sat May 12, 2012 11:38 am

I'll always put what medium is used to make the piece. Sorry for the large sizes, I'm working at shrinking them. Sorry about the blurry quality, my iPod failed me yet again.

FYI, prisma color is pretty much a fancy way of saying "blendable colored pencils."

Prisma color of War Is The Answer album cover by Five Finger Death Punch. This was my first ever prisma, so it has some obvious flaws.

Prisma color of Overcome album cover by All That Remains. This was my second prisma, and my least favorite in the series because my art teacher was not able to help me improve the middle section.

Prisma color of Master of Puppets album cover by Metallica. By the halfway point in my series, I figured out that exacto knives could be used to scrape out white parts. That's what the strings are in this picture.

Prisma color of Peace Sells .... But Who's Buying? album cover by Megadeth. The only thing that went wrong with this prisma was that I cut the mattboard wrong and had to extend the left edge.

Prisma color of Phobia album cover by Breaking Benjamin. Not to brag, but the detail in the wings is when I noticed that I was starting to get good a prismas.

Prisma color of Indestructible album cover by Disturbed. I still can't believe I did this one.

Mixed media of Orchids and Ammunition album cover by Drist. This one was interesting. After completing that masterpiece above (Disturbed), I wanted to try "layering" pieces of paper and putting prisma color on each. This picture actually consists of three pieces of paper glued together with the shapes cut out to show the color underneath. The blood was done by splattering red acryllic paint with a tooth brush, then detailing a bit with a brush.

This is my latest completed prisma color. It is a brightly colored mountain overlooking a lake. The blending was difficult because I had to combine blues, greens, blacks, and purples together without it looking like crap.

I did not actually do this piece. A friend of mine found it abandoned in the art room. It was done using an exacto knife about three years ago. Yeah, those are all little scratch marks on a black piece of shiny paper. The guy kinda cheated though because he used a sharpie to black out some areas when he messed up and to sharpen some things like the barrel.

I know I said I would only upload the good pictures, but I find this one so goddamned funny! This is my vice principle as Hitler. The words at the top are a pun on the school's advertising campaign. This still sits in my Trig notebook to this day.

Here's my biggest and best prisma so far. It's approximately 15" by 20" without matting on it.

Last edited by PolishWeener on Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bl1i8n2k
Helpful
Helpful

Motto : :ottoM

PostSubject: Re: PolishWeener's Artwork   Sat May 12, 2012 12:45 pm

Most of this, done with colored pencils?

lolatvphitler

Cool
Cool

PostSubject: Re: PolishWeener's Artwork   Sat May 12, 2012 1:01 pm

Basically. The only difference is that colors tend to blend much better than Crayola or anything you used to use as a kid. That's why they look professional.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bwillie0
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: PolishWeener's Artwork   Sat May 12, 2012 2:55 pm

Dude, please scan the Ghillie Suit sniper and send me the image. I would love you forever, it is amazing!

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. -Albert Einstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/PidgeotTheMighty
FivePotatoes
Cool
Cool

PostSubject: Re: PolishWeener's Artwork   Sat May 12, 2012 5:05 pm

These pictures are amazing. 'Nuff said.

herp-a-derp
look it up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PolishWeener
Cool
Cool

PostSubject: Re: PolishWeener's Artwork   Sat May 12, 2012 5:30 pm

Bwillie0 wrote:
Dude, please scan the Ghillie Suit sniper and send me the image. I would love you forever, it is amazing!

I thought that one was pretty good quality for an iPod photo. I hope you agree because I have no clue where that is at. I'll need to ask my friend where he has it stashed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GuitarHeroFan101
Cool
Cool

PostSubject: Re: PolishWeener's Artwork   Sat May 12, 2012 10:06 pm

Wow, you are really good! I would never be able to do that. How long did something like the Metallica Master of Puppets album cover take you?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About Me / My LP Thread / My Accomplishments
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PolishWeener
Cool
Cool

PostSubject: Re: PolishWeener's Artwork   Sun May 13, 2012 10:33 am

GuitarHeroFan101 wrote:
Wow, you are really good! I would never be able to do that. How long did something like the Metallica Master of Puppets album cover take you?

Most of the album covers took approximately a month each. Obviously Disturbed took slightly longer than some of the other ones, but I think one month is an accurate timeframe on how long it took me to do Master Of Puppets. I think I did that one in mid-February of last year through to mid-March.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GuitarHeroFan101
Cool
Cool

PostSubject: Re: PolishWeener's Artwork   Sun May 13, 2012 4:09 pm

PolishWeener wrote:
GuitarHeroFan101 wrote:

Most of the album covers took approximately a month each. Obviously Disturbed took slightly longer than some of the other ones, but I think one month is an accurate timeframe on how long it took me to do Master Of Puppets. I think I did that one in mid-February of last year through to mid-March.
That's cool. It would take me a year to be HALF as good as you are.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About Me / My LP Thread / My Accomplishments
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GamingTrip
Gamer
Gamer

PostSubject: Re: PolishWeener's Artwork   Fri May 18, 2012 6:33 pm

Wow you have some nice drawing talent right there. From all those pictures "Indestructible album cover by Disturbed" is most impressive one Smile. Such amazing detail on the flaming guy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PolishWeener
Cool
Cool

PostSubject: Re: PolishWeener's Artwork   Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:30 pm

Added my Dead Island montage to the OP. It's a really big prisma, so the photo is low quality because the iPod was pretty far away when I took the photo. I have closer photos of individual sections if someone would like to see them.

My next project that I will be working on over this summer is a Left 4 Dead montage the same size as this prisma. I intend to make L4D much darker and less inviting, so it will appear opposite of Dead Island. I'm still in the process of choosing a backdrop.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fr0z3nD3m1s3
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: PolishWeener's Artwork   Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:32 pm

Dead Island one looks A-FUCKING-MAZING.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:

Check them out at http://youtube.com/MystixNinja!

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&
Bwillie0
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: PolishWeener's Artwork   Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:40 pm

Cleaned up the thread for you, and the Dead Island one looks great. Do you take requests?

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. -Albert Einstein
Back to top Go down
PolishWeener
Cool
Cool

PostSubject: Re: PolishWeener's Artwork   Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:43 pm

Bwillie0 wrote:
Cleaned up the thread for you, and the Dead Island one looks great. Do you take requests?

Thanks. Unfortunately I don't take requests. That Dead Island took 3 months and I wanted to do it. Gods knows how long it would take to something I'm only semi-psyched for. Besides, I got too much shit to do before the end of my senior year next May. I gotta beef up my portfolio with some other prismas as well as some other mediums like pen & ink.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bwillie0
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: PolishWeener's Artwork   Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:58 pm

Ok :/ just try looking into some war related stuff please. I know you can find some epic battle pictures.

Back to top Go down
PolishWeener
Cool
Cool

PostSubject: Re: PolishWeener's Artwork   Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:38 pm

Like I said, Left 4 Dead next, then maybe a Dead Rising. If I can't find a good Dead Rising, I'll probably do a pen & ink of a computer made out of 0s and 1s. I definitely won't do Cod because so many people do lackluster attempts at it in my school's art department. I'd rather not be classified with them. I also think the whole "soldier silhouette" business found on every war game cover is getting pretty old. As far as was games go, your best bet is that I find a good Gears of War landscape and pepper it with soldiers. I might also do something with Prototype, but idk if that's classified as war.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bwillie0
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: PolishWeener's Artwork   Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:53 pm

Eh, I wasn't talking about war games. Just like an artist conception of an epic battle scene. Like D-Day or the hidden Russian troops at the battle of Stalingrad.

Back to top Go down
Shiznoe
Gamer
Gamer

PostSubject: Re: PolishWeener's Artwork   Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:14 am

Why is your artwork so cool?

Helpful
Helpful

Motto : :ottoM

PostSubject: Re: PolishWeener's Artwork   Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:51 pm

Shiznoe wrote:
Why is your artwork so cool?
They're not cool, they're godly. Excellent job, Jesus!

Gamer
Gamer

PostSubject: Re: PolishWeener's Artwork   Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:57 pm

Wow that is impressive man!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
woosle1234
Geek
Geek

PostSubject: Re: PolishWeener's Artwork   Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:12 am

i love the art dude
Back to top Go down