Great Gamers Garage ::ARCHIVES::
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Summer Update 2k12 Megathread

Go down 
+6
Bwillie0
bl1i8n2k
thejoshb
Sulurulez
GuitarHeroFan101
Fr0z3nD3m1s3
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Fr0z3nD3m1s3
Administrator
Administrator

Summer Update 2k12 Megathread Empty
PostSubject: Summer Update 2k12 Megathread   Summer Update 2k12 Megathread EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 11:35 pm

Yes, I know, I am making it sound like the greatest thing ever, but damn it we were waiting since March for this week to happen, so I am extremely pumped.

Detour: I added three new members to the list of important people who can help: AGENT BEN94, GuitarHeroFan101, wolfwarrior99. ( https://gggforums.forumotion.com/g22-summer-update-squad )

Anyways, let's get started.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

THE SUMMER UPDATE INFO/HOW TO PARTICIPATE:

1. The Summer Update is supposed to not only be a fun experience for every member of the site, it's also supposed to be taken a bit seriously. So make sure your idea is well written and completely logical.

2. 500 points to everybody (except Admins, in which whom will PM each other for their own ideas) who makes a successful pitch. The person with the most points as a result of this will win 1 choice of their own:

• Free Sponsorship

• Moderator for a Day

• Become the Featured User for next month on our Channel

NOTE: Staff members and sponsored players WILL still participate in this. If a sponsored player wins, the first choice is invalid. If a staff member wins, the second choice would be invalid. If GamingTrip wins, the third choice is invalid (since you can't be featured user twice in a row.)

3. Limit one pitch per 4 hours.

4. FIGHTING IS NOT ALLOWED. If you hate one's idea, just please reply to their topic on how the idea should be changed to better the idea.

5. To make a pitch, simple make a new thread. Shouldn't be that difficult.

6. Have fun! PM me for questions

7. ALL RULES APPLY HERE.

So, without further more introduction, let us start discussing. Site will still close down Monday-Friday (Happy birthday, Devon_Renouf [Thursday]) for when the actual changes will be made by Fr0z3nD3m1s3, Bwillie0, and PolishWeener.

P.S. ALL MEMBERS OF THIS SQUAD, TRY TO GET ONLINE THURSDAY AT 3PM CT IN THE CHATBOX TO HAVE A LIVE DISCUSSION WITH US OTHER MEMBERS.

Last edited by Fr0z3nD3m1s3 on Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&
GuitarHeroFan101
Cool
Cool
GuitarHeroFan101

PostSubject: Re: Summer Update 2k12 Megathread   Summer Update 2k12 Megathread EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 2:52 am

Thanks for adding me to the squad, man!
Back to top Go down
Fr0z3nD3m1s3
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: So, how do you guys like your Rant Thread?   Summer Update 2k12 Megathread EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 8:16 am

The Rant Thread has been experiencing problems with racism and heavy profanity lately. If you have yet to notice, it's locked.

I need everyone to share their opinions on how we should operate it. There will be a new thread created anyways. Should we keep it the same? Or should we do something different? You guys decide.

PLEASE give out some opinons.
Back to top Go down
Sulurulez
Cool
Cool
Sulurulez

Motto : Whatever

PostSubject: Re: Summer Update 2k12 Megathread   Summer Update 2k12 Megathread EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 8:39 am

I'm really not liking the racism, plus the swearing gets annoying after a while. I say we either 1. put in place some new rules for only the rant thread to fight this things; 2. say that if a certain user gets out of hand and starts pissing people off, they lose posting rights for a day or two (depending on the amount of people offended or how many times hes lost posting rights); or 3. just delete it all together, but i would only use that as an ultimatum if people just wont listen.

i say 2, it would most likely work better
Back to top Go down
thejoshb
Geek
Geek

PostSubject: Re: Summer Update 2k12 Megathread   Summer Update 2k12 Megathread EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 9:01 am

Racism shouldnt be tolerated at all. I think that should result in a serious ban. I dont mind cussing, as long as the people are good at doing it. There is nothing worse then someone that cusses incoherently and just to do it. If they are bad at it, or they get out of hand, a serious band needs to be taken into also.

I also think that if the thread has to many of the above offenses in it, it should be terminated and those responsible for those infractions perma-banned.

If people start arguing with each other in the rant thread, 30 day ban.

I know there are a lot of people out there that are easily offended, so they may not like the cussing and arguing. And sure as hell not the racism.
Back to top Go down
Sulurulez
Cool
Cool
Sulurulez

PostSubject: Re: Summer Update 2k12 Megathread   Summer Update 2k12 Megathread EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 9:21 am

thejoshb wrote:
Racism shouldnt be tolerated at all. I think that should result in a serious ban. I dont mind cussing, as long as the people are good at doing it. There is nothing worse then someone that cusses incoherently and just to do it. If they are bad at it, or they get out of hand, a serious band needs to be taken into also.

I also think that if the thread has to many of the above offenses in it, it should be terminated and those responsible for those infractions perma-banned.

If people start arguing with each other in the rant thread, 30 day ban.

I know there are a lot of people out there that are easily offended, so they may not like the cussing and arguing. And sure as hell not the racism.
I agree with this
Back to top Go down
bl1i8n2k
Helpful
Helpful
bl1i8n2k

Motto : :ottoM

PostSubject: Re: Summer Update 2k12 Megathread   Summer Update 2k12 Megathread EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 10:11 am

I like my Rant Thread medium rare.
Back to top Go down
GuitarHeroFan101
Cool
Cool
GuitarHeroFan101

PostSubject: Re: Summer Update 2k12 Megathread   Summer Update 2k12 Megathread EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 3:23 pm

I say just make new rules for the rant thread. Make the rules to have no rascism and keep profanity at a minimum. If anybody disobeys those rules, they shall be banned.
Back to top Go down
Sulurulez
Cool
Cool
Sulurulez

PostSubject: Tournaments and CreepyPasta's Forums   Summer Update 2k12 Megathread EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 4:26 pm

I don't believe they should have their own forums because no one has posted a single thing in either of those. If people were making CreepyPastas then yes I would understand but no one is. And the tournaments thing is basically just clutter. I say delete tournaments and maybe make a topic in the let's play area strictly for CreepyPastas until they get made popular then you can make it a forum.
Back to top Go down
bl1i8n2k
Helpful
Helpful
bl1i8n2k

Motto : :ottoM

PostSubject: Re: Summer Update 2k12 Megathread   Summer Update 2k12 Megathread EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 4:28 pm

CreepyPastas: I do support the deletion.

Tournaments: I do not support the deletion.

People just need to learn how to use the tournaments correctly. We use it for you know, real life tournaments. So if there is a local tournament in the area you live, you can post it here so more people can have a heads up. But the CreepyPastas have gone down the trash.
Back to top Go down
Sulurulez
Cool
Cool
Sulurulez

PostSubject: Re: Summer Update 2k12 Megathread   Summer Update 2k12 Megathread EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 4:30 pm

bl1i8n2k wrote:
CreepyPastas: I do support the deletion.

Tournaments: I do not support the deletion.

People just need to learn how to use the tournaments correctly. We use it for you know, real life tournaments. So if there is a local tournament in the area you live, you can post it here so more people can have a heads up. But the CreepyPastas have gone down the trash.
That's very true
Back to top Go down
GuitarHeroFan101
Cool
Cool
GuitarHeroFan101

PostSubject: Re: Summer Update 2k12 Megathread   Summer Update 2k12 Megathread EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 4:35 pm

I agree with the Creepypastas deletion, but not Tournaments. I believe "Tournaments" should stay a forum. As bl1i8n2k stated, people need to learn how to use the Tournaments forum properly. As for the Creepypastas forum, that should be deleted. Not many people do Creepypastas. I support bl1i8n2k's idea.
Back to top Go down
Bwillie0
Administrator
Administrator
Bwillie0

PostSubject: Re: Summer Update 2k12 Megathread   Summer Update 2k12 Megathread EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Make sure you guys pay attention to the difference between racism and a racially focused joke. As for profanity, ranting is complaining and when most people complain they tend to use foul language, so get over it but make sure it doesn't get out of hand.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/PidgeotTheMighty
Sulurulez
Cool
Cool
Sulurulez

PostSubject: Re: Summer Update 2k12 Megathread   Summer Update 2k12 Megathread EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 9:30 pm

Bwillie0 wrote:
Make sure you guys pay attention to the difference between racism and a racially focused joke. As for profanity, ranting is complaining and when most people complain they tend to use foul language, so get over it but make sure it doesn't get out of hand.

yeah, well I've dealt with both, and I'm tired of both. I know the difference and I know what it feels like to be on the other end of the "jokes" as you call them. I say we crack down on both things. I just don't want the feelings I have at school come back here when I'm using this site. I want all races to feel happy and safe here, not feel outed and hated.
Back to top Go down
GuitarHeroFan101
Cool
Cool
GuitarHeroFan101

PostSubject: Re: Summer Update 2k12 Megathread   Summer Update 2k12 Megathread EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 10:18 pm

Sulurulez wrote:
Bwillie0 wrote:

yeah, well I've dealt with both, and I'm tired of both. I know the difference and I know what it feels like to be on the other end of the "jokes" as you call them. I say we crack down on both things. I just don't want the feelings I have at school come back here when I'm using this site. I want all races to feel happy and safe here, not feel outed and hated.
Yess. When new members come here, you want to make them feel happy.
Back to top Go down
Bwillie0
Administrator
Administrator
Bwillie0

PostSubject: Re: Summer Update 2k12 Megathread   Summer Update 2k12 Megathread EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 11:30 pm

Dude, it's the internet, shit happens.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/PidgeotTheMighty
GuitarHeroFan101
Cool
Cool
GuitarHeroFan101

PostSubject: Re: Summer Update 2k12 Megathread   Summer Update 2k12 Megathread EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 12:19 am

Bwillie0 wrote:
This is a true statement.
Back to top Go down
Fr0z3nD3m1s3
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Summer Update 2k12 Megathread   Summer Update 2k12 Megathread EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 12:21 am

Bloody fucking hell. No more "This is true statements". They are all bunch of useless posts. Just use the goddamn like bar on the right side of the posts.
Back to top Go down
Sulurulez
Cool
Cool
Sulurulez

PostSubject: Re: Summer Update 2k12 Megathread   Summer Update 2k12 Megathread EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 7:16 am

Bwillie0 wrote:
I know it's the Internet but it only happens here because we let it happen! If we crack down on it know we can change that! That's what your not understanding, it's our choice whether we welcome our users or if we make them feel outed! That may be one of the reasons why people join and then leave the site in 2 days! If we change our ways we might increase our user base!
Back to top Go down
GuitarHeroFan101
Cool
Cool
GuitarHeroFan101

PostSubject: Re: Summer Update 2k12 Megathread   Summer Update 2k12 Megathread EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 10:18 am

Sulurulez wrote:
I know it's the Internet but it only happens here because we let it happen! If we crack down on it know we can change that! That's what your not understanding, it's our choice whether we welcome our users or if we make them feel outed! That may be one of the reasons why people join and then leave the site in 2 days! If we change our ways we might increase our user base!
That is exactly why people leave. The people don't feel welcomed and they think the site is bad. There just needs to be rules to stop all of this, and if somebody happens to break any of the rules, it will result in a ban.
Back to top Go down
Fr0z3nD3m1s3
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Summer Update 2k12 Megathread   Summer Update 2k12 Megathread EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 10:28 am

GuitarHeroFan101 wrote:
Sulurulez wrote:
That is exactly why people leave. The people don't feel welcomed and they think the site is bad. There just needs to be rules to stop all of this, and if somebody happens to break any of the rules, it will result in a ban.

Who the hell in their right mind would listen to anything we say?
Back to top Go down
Fr0z3nD3m1s3
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Greeting Message   Summer Update 2k12 Megathread EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 1:19 pm

Above the chatbox, there is a greeting message. It looks like this:

Greeting message text wrote:
Welcome to our site. Here is what we have to offer: YouTube promotions, video game leagues (Xbox ONLY atm), and sponsorships. We have a lot more to offer on this site, and all you need to do is register and get to posting. This site is fun, cool, and very exciting. -Fr0z3nD3m1s3

Maybe if we all type our own messages that are as long as possible WITH proper capitalizaion and punctuation, I can choose the best three and put those three as our greeting messages. So, who wants to partake?
Back to top Go down
Sulurulez
Cool
Cool
Sulurulez

PostSubject: Re: Summer Update 2k12 Megathread   Summer Update 2k12 Megathread EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 4:45 pm

I would like to participate. Do you want me to just post it now?
Back to top Go down
Devon_Renouf
Geek
Geek
Devon_Renouf

PostSubject: Re: Summer Update 2k12 Megathread   Summer Update 2k12 Megathread EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 6:50 pm

yay ^_^
Back to top Go down
PolishWeener
Cool
Cool
PolishWeener

Motto : Character limit

PostSubject: Re: Summer Update 2k12 Megathread   Summer Update 2k12 Megathread EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 2:55 pm

"I lost my virginity to this site."

Short but to the point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Summer Update 2k12 Megathread   Summer Update 2k12 Megathread Empty

Back to top Go down

Summer Update 2k12 Megathread
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next